Bury & Elton Amateur Swimming Club was founded in 1893, and swam out of the old Bury’s Victorian public baths, which was situated in St Mary’s Place, Bury. The building itself was built in 1864 and served B&E well until 1976.  It was in 1976 that B&E’s moved to the Castle Leisure Centre.

Bury and Elton are a Swim Mark Essential Accredited club and has in excess of 110 members ranging from swimmers progressing from Swim Schools to the more experienced and senior swimmers. Bury and Elton are a not-for-profit, entirely self-funded and not council-subsidised, We are fully inclusive with varying abilities and ages and a diverse membership enforcing our modern-day approach to inclusivity.

The club train four times a week, see below the schedule of training times.